I love no-guilt recipes. They’re definitely few and far between, but when you come across one (especially when it mentions teriyaki) you gotta grab it and hold on tight!
Everyone needs a few healthy, quick recipes full of vegetables and protein. Bonus points if they’re delicious!
Well, this is one to add to your healthy rotation so grab a pen!
This Teriyaki Ground Turkey is full of protein, colorful veggies, and is piled on top of your grain of choice so you can get your healthy carbs in.
With the added bonus of it being healthy and nutritious, this meal is just dang yummy! I didn’t expect something so simple to really catch my attention, but DANG. This stuff has so much flavor! Even my husband couldn’t get over how much he loved it.
My husband’s favorite part of this dish and his qualifying factor for any “good meal” is that it saves really well! This is a perfect recipe to make if you prep your meals for the week.
And the best testimony this meal could receive is from my picky toddler! You know if she’s eating this happily, it HAS to be good!
So we have healthy (CHECK!), quick (CHECK!), delicious (CHECK!), saves well (CHECK!), and husband/toddler approved (CHECK!). What more could you want?
How To Make Teriyaki Ground Turkey:
1. Begin to cook your rice, quinoa, or grain of choice.
2. Dice the bell peppers.
3. Cook the frozen broccoli (or steam your fresh broccoli if using).
4. Break up the ground turkey, add the bell peppers, and cook on medium-high heat until all meat is browned and bell peppers are soft.
Also, side note: This meat chopper is AMAZING. If you don’t already have this kitchen tool, do yourself a favor and get one! It’s a game changer.
You can find the one I use here!
5. Add soy sauce, honey, and cooked broccoli.
6. Stir and let cook for about 5 minutes.
7. Serve over rice, quinoa, or your grain of choice.
8. Dig in and feel good!
Sweet Teriyaki Ground Turkey + Vegetables
- 1 pound ground turkey (or meat of choice)
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 12 oz bag of frozen broccoli (or fresh and steamed)
- ¼ cup soy sauce use reduced sodium for a healthier alternative
- ¼ cup honey
- jasmine rice, quinoa, or your favorite base grain
- Begin to cook your rice, quinoa, or grain of choice.
- Dice the bell peppers.
- Cook the frozen broccoli (or steam your fresh broccoli if using).
- Break up the ground turkey, add the bell peppers, and cook on medium-high heat until all meat is browned and bell peppers are soft.
- Add soy sauce, honey, and cooked broccoli.
- Let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or your grain of choice.
- Dig in and feel good!
Dear laurasscratchkitchen.com admin, You always provide useful tips and best practices.
To the laurasscratchkitchen.com owner, Good job!
Hi laurasscratchkitchen.com administrator, Great post!
To the laurasscratchkitchen.com owner, You always provide practical solutions and recommendations.
Hello laurasscratchkitchen.com owner, Your posts are always on point.
My kids actually ate this! I was shocked at how delicious it was. I would want some more vegetables, but I can always tweak it!
So this one looks weird, but I decided to give it a chance since we’re trying to eat healthy in our house now. So glad I did! This is now one of our favorites. My husband won’t stop asking for it
I honestly didn’t think I’d like the turkey like this, but it was seriously so good, I ate too much! LOL Very easy to make as well, definitely adding this to the rotation.
My husband really likes this one, which tricked my 7 year old into liking it too! And it’s totally healthy. Win, win!!!! 👏🏼🙌🏼
I love that this is healthy && delicious. Yes please!
Delicious and healthy!!